Sunday, March 23, 2014

Orange is the New Lipstick

It's official! The first day of spring was a mere three days ago. Oh, how time flies! It seems only yesterday we were all cowering inside with our heaters on full blast. We would wake up. Go to work in the dark and come home from work, in the dark. Now the weather is getting nicer. The sun is shining longer. We are getting our fill of Vitamin D, whenever the opportunity beams.

This also means we need to deviate away from our knit beanies, classic patterns, boots and pants, turtlenecks, slouchy pants, and folk inspired outerwear. Spring means, COLOR! Colorful clothing, colorful fingernail polish, and colorful makeup. Most importantly colorful lipstick! This spring is all about a matte orange pop color to your lips! Which dismays A Blonde Half Jap. I tried rocking the coral/orange trend this last summer, and A Blonde Half Jap's Japanese Mother was not a fan. Whenever I would see her. And I was rocking the Maybelline Vibrant Madarin. She would comment, "I don't like your lipstick." However, she was a fan of Maybelline Shocking Coral. It looks orange in the tube, but pink once it is applied to lips.

Here is a comparison of the two colors on yours truly.
Mandarin
Coral
I find them both fitting and satisfying. I LOVE lipstick. I still have not mastered the art of eyeshadow. So I express myself through lip color. I do pinks. I crave oranges. I lust after crimson. I dabble in the purple. They're fun! They can make or break an outfit. They can say, "I feel sultry." Or, "I feel sexy." Also, "I feel HAPPY!"

This spring, the color is matte crimson orange. Tangerine, Satsumas, 7 o'clock sunsets, Oompa Loompa's, you name it. Orange is in. Rock it, put it on your lips, add some gloss, and go. The orange lip is a night and day shade. In the day time. Beautify the bright lip with neutral eyes and neutral cheeks. At night, give yourself subtle eyeliner and peachy cheeks. This is a versatile and "booshtastic" color that makes a statement and is completely wearable from work to play.

Spring is here! Go big and go bold Blonde Half Jap's. You have the skin tone, pigment, and hair color to do anything you please. Go crazy. When the sun is out. Embrace the shine and shine from within.



No comments:

Post a Comment